nedelja, 4. januar 2015

PRIMARK, heaven for shoppers, hell for workers

I think I can speak in the name of most girls I know who have been to Primark that this is heaven in shopping world. I had never been there until I came to Amsterdam, because we don’t have it Slovenia. I’ve heard stories about it, such as Primark is the place you have to visit if you’re a shopping maniac like I am. I can’t help it, but shopping really does make me happy. Besides food, it is the best therapy ever. So I had to go there and see this shopping paradise. I will not deny it, I loved it. Nice clothes, cheap prices, huge choice of colors, designs, shoes, cosmetics, just everything you want. But then I also heard a reason why the prices there are so low. It shocked me, because I have to admit I didn’t even think about that. The reason why, is that people who are making these clothes don’t get a lot money for their work. As a matter of fact, some don’t even get the minimum and some of them are children. After I heard that, I wanted to make sure if this is true and I found interesting clip, which says the truth about Primark. I won’t have a chance to go to Primark again very soon, but when I do, I think I will rethink my decision of going there and buy clothes, that are made by people who are working so hard for unfair paycheck, just so we can enjoy ourselves in buying cheap clothes. It would just feel wrong.  

Truth about Primark - An article from a British newspaper, Dailymail




Shopping will still of course remain my passion and therapy but I think there are many places where I can shop and in once not support unfair working conditions of people who are actually helping us to look and feel good. 

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar