nedelja, 28. december 2014

Project 'Meet a muslim person'


We had a field trip with our class that included a visit to mosque. I have been to mosque already, but just for a short time and we didn't talk to anyone. This time, we had a chance to talk to a imam, a Muslim religious leader. 
I have to admit, that I didn't know a lot about Islam before and I am not proud of that. I also had some prejudices in my mind before I came in Amsterdam, because I was also under mpact of massive media image that is shown to us. I never had Muslim friends, the only contact I had was a friend from my parents, from Egypt. 
Imam we were talking to in Amsterdam, really helped me to get a clearer picture about Islam and Muslim people. It was so nice listening to him, when he was talking about what their religion is about. Things a remembered the most were: ' There is only one language spoken all over the world, and that is a smile, kindness and love.' 'We are all brothers and sisters, we have the same father and mother. Doesn't matter who they are; Muslims, Christians, Jews, we share our love and goodness to everyone.' 
That really made me think how wrong a non-muslim thinking about muslims is. The only goal they have is to share love and happiness to everyone. Their religion is nothing about hurting others. But of course, like everywhere, there are some individuals who interpretate the message wrong and start theri own groups, which are not what Islam is about. And only these people come in the news. That's why a lot of people have completely wrong image about Islam and until they won't open their minds a little, nothing will change. No one ever puts in the news how Muslim man helped someone. That's why I decided to share a video clip I found on YouTube, about three young Muslim guys, who decide to share kindness in New York, to show people the true purpose of their religion. 



In NewYork, 3 muslim guys started a project with a name 'Meet a muslim person'. The reason for this was to stop Islamophobia and show people that not all Muslims are terrorists like a lot of people think because of image massive media created. Their goal was to share love, kindness and joy to others. 
These 3 boys insipired other muslim people over the world to start the same project in different cities. For now mostly in USA, but there was also the same project in Germany. Reactions of people were very nice, treated with respect towards muslim people, exepct of some rare islamophobic reactions that are hard to avoid. I think their project and message was very clear, brave and insipiring and they are already changing the mind of the society. Slowly, but at least it started. 







Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar