sobota, 10. januar 2015

Ice skating

Is it true that ice skating here in Amsterdam is like riding a bike? Everyone does it and if you come here, you have to do it like you have to rent or buy a bike. Well, for me neither biking nor ice skating is everyday thing to do in Slovenia. As I said in one of my blogs before, I don’t use my bike for over 4 years now and about ice skating, I’ve only done it once. 2 years ago. So when we decided to go to Museumplein and try our ice skating skills, I was prepared for the worse. Falling down, crashing into people, into fence in order to stop myself and so on. But, I have to say, after 10 minutes, we were all pretty good. Well, as good as we could be. We didn’t hold hands anymore, and we were able to turn without stopping and then just changing the direction on the spot. Now we turned while ice skating, isn’t that awesome? And of course, when I got too self-confident about it, I found myself going towards group of small kids coming closer and closer very fast and I couldn’t do anything else but freeze. I or should I say they managed to avoid me, expect one little boy who bumped straight into me. I managed to catch him so he didn’t fall, and then I kept on moving because I still didn’t know how to stop exactly. The main thing is, we were both fine, no one fell down. Overall it was a great experience and I wanted to do it again, but I didn’t find time when I came back to Amsterdam after Christmas holidays.
We managed to do one picture with everyone standing still. success! 
I am sorry I wasn’t here when all the canals were frozen and people were ice skating all over Amsterdam. Then I would have more space to learn how to stop without bumping into fence or little kids.  But I found a very beautiful video about the winter in 2012, when canals were frozen again after 15 years. It is so lovely to see how many people joined this amazing, for some, one time in a life time experience. 











Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar