nedelja, 5. oktober 2014

6 girls, 5 countries

I live with German, English, Belgian and two Danish girls. So there are 5 different nationalities in our flat.  On one side, we have very similar cultures, but on the other side, we are all different from each other. I will give just everyday examples. A difference between English people and all of us who live in that flat is that they don’t wash the soap off the dishes when they wash them. At first I thought my flat mate forgot to do that, but now I know that’s how they wash dishes. I also noticed we have different types of meals over the day. I usually cook something for lunch, and for breakfast and dinner I eat something similar to a snack (sandwich, fruit, vegetables etc.). Danish and English people always cook a big meal in the evening, for dinner. And their lunch is more like my dinner. I found it interesting how me and my flat mate from Germany are making coffee for ourselves. We often drink coffee together, and not long ago I noticed that we make coffee the opposite way of each other. I put coffee in the cup first, then boiled water, and then milk. She first puts milk in the cup, then boiled water, and at the end coffee. And one thing, that was quite weird for me is, that people I got to know here, always put a salad on the same plate as main meal. When I had lunch with my Estonian and German friends, we cooked pasta and salad for the side meal. They all put a salad from the big bowl, and put it on their plates with pasta on it. So I asked If I can eat a salad from a big bowl, because we all do that in my country. And they thought I am joking or something, because they don’t do that at all. It is weird for them to eat a salad from one bowl. I always do that with my family or if me and my friends have a lunch together at someone’s home. So I felt like a cave men, because one girl said, that they did that in their country maybe 100 years ago. I mean, come on! We are not that behind! I just don’t like mixing food on my plate. Main meal is main, and salad is a side meal. So at least extra small bowl for a salad would be nice.   


We had a ‘family dinner’ with my flat mates, and as I already said, we are from Slovenia, Germany, Belgium, England and Denmark, so it would be interesting if we would have some kind of euro dinner, local food from our countries. But no, we chose to cook Mexican food. So if you want to try non-european food, and meet european girls, our flat is the right place to come. 



Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar